2019 AHA Heart Walk
CSRA HEART WALK 2019
BE A SUPER HERO - GET INVOLVED
Join The Graduate School in our efforts to support the 2019 American Heart Association (AHA) Heart Walk.
When: Saturday, March 9, 2019
8:00 am - Opening Ceremony and Festivities
9:00 - Walk begins
Where: The Greeneway - 101 Riverview Park Drive, North Augusta, SC
Students, faculty, staff, family, friends, and dogs are welcome.... The heart walk is a 5k/3.1 mile non-competitive walk. Leashed dogs and strollers are allowed on the route (click here for more information).
Become a Member of Team Cardio- KAPOW!
- Click here
- Find Cardio-KAPOW! under AU-Graduate School
- Click the JOIN button and complete the information to join the team
- With a goal of 50 team members we need YOUR participation (family and friends welcome too)
- Team members who raise $25.00 (or more!!) by Feb 27th will get an awesome Cardio-KAPOW! super hero t-shirt.
Make a Donation
- Donate to our super hero team... Cardio-KAPOW!
- Big or small - ALL donations appreciated to meet our goal of raising $1000.
Support the Art for the Heart BSA Student Fundraiser
- Donate a piece of art (e.g. photograph, drawing, painting, pottery piece, etc) for sale at the Art Show - contact KBELANGER@augusta.edu or CDERELLA@augusta.edu for questions or art donation pick up. Donation Deadline- Feb 22, 2019.
- Attend Art for Heart Event - March 1, 2019 at The Book Tavern (936 Broad Street, Augusta). Live music and fantastic pieces of art for sale - proceeds go to AHA and BSA.
did you know?
- AU is the #1 fundraising entity in the CSRA!
- AU is 2nd largest health system fundraising entity in the Mid-Atlantic Affiliate second only to Duke University.
- 5.27 million dollars in AHA research funding supports 31 researchers at AU
- AU has the highest rating for stroke care through the AHA’s Get With The Guidelines program – Stroke Gold Plus
- The AHA CPR in Schools Program has trained hundreds of thousands of students in SC and GA.