HOME SCHOOLED STUDENTS
Augusta University recognizes that most students who have graduated from a non-accredited
home school or high school are amply prepared for college work.
Each year, Augusta University welcomes freshman applicants who have been educated
The University System of Georgia policy dictates that in addition to SAT I or equivalent
ACT scores and the Freshman Index, students must present seventeen (17) specific required
High School curriculum units to be accepted to a comprehensive research university.
These units must be completed through a high school with regional accreditation. This
accreditation is determined through an association with the Georgia Accrediting Commission,
the Georgia Private School Accrediting Commission, or through a public high school
regulated by the school system and the Department of Education.
Students who have completed the RHSC's in a homeschooled program or secondary school
that is not accredited by one of the agencies listed above have the following three
(3) options available in order to validate RHSC units. Students can select the option
per subject area that is most suitable for them.
Students from accredited homeschool programs should meet regular admissions criteria.
Students from non-accredited homeschooled programs (or non-accredited high schools)
have requirements that differ slightly. Students should:
· Score at or above the average SAT or ACT score of the previous year’s fall semester
first-time freshman class. For fall 2018, the freshmen standard is a 1040, if taken
prior to March 2016, which converts to an 1120 on the New Redesigned SAT. It is a
23 on the ACT.
· Meet the minimum high school GPA required for regular admission; 2.5.
· Completed the Required High School Curriculum
· Submit a copy of Declaration of Intent to Home School as filed with local of Board
· Complete Home School Credit Evaluation Form
Life Enrichment (Non-Traditional Students)
A Life Enrichment student is one who has graduated from high school or the equivalent,
has not attended high school in the past five years, and has earned no more than 30
semester hours (45 quarter hours) of transferable college credit.
- Official high school transcript showing graduation date, or Official GED Scores
- ACCUPLACER Exam - required for admission consideration
- • Writing = 4 or higher to be placed in ENGL 1101
• Reading = 237 or higher to be placed in ENGL 1101
• Quantitative Reading, Algebra and Statistics = 258 or higher to be placed in
MATH 1101/1001, 266 or higher to be placed into MATH 1111
- Verification of Lawful Presence
- Official college transcripts, if applicable
- Any further documents as requested by the Augusta University Office of Academic Admissions