Verification of International Transcripts

Applicants from foreign colleges and universities must use an approved transcript evaluation service. An official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents is required. 

Degrees awarded from international universities and colleges must be verified as the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor's or higher degree.

Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcript evaluations based on unofficial transcripts, documents or copies will not fulfill this requirement.

Augusta University accepts official course-by-course transcript evaluations from the following evaluation services:

   English Proficiency Requirement (TOEFL)

The Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test scores are required for applicants whose first language is not English. Other English proficiency exams will not be accepted (e.g. IELTS, DuoLingo English Test). 

All official TOEFL scores must be official and submitted to Augusta University directly from Education Testing Service (ETS), and must be less than two years old.

The Augusta University institution code for submission of TOEFL scores is: 5406.  Please do not select a department code.

Exemption for the TOEFL requirement is allowed for graduate students who submit proof of earning a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university where English is the language of instruction.

Minimum Scores

  • 213 Computer Based
  • 79 Internet Based
  • No Minimum score for Revised Paper Based Test

Take the TOEFL Exam >>

   Attending Augusta University

If you are accepted and choose to enroll at Augusta University, you will need a visa. Once you have received your official acceptance letter from AU, you will receive an email from the Graduate School office with instructions for required documents (Information Request Form, Visa, Passport, etc) along with acceptable documentation for proof of funds, if required. This will be required even if you already have a visa and are in the USA so that we can initiate any transfers or confirm that enrollment in your given academic program will not result in compliance issues with your current visa status (ex. H1B visa)

The Graduate School will not send the official visa request packet to the International Office for processing until after you have returned the signed acceptance agreement and deposit to the Office of Academic Admissions AND returned all required documents requested by The Graduate School.


Contact Us

The Graduate School

Health Sciences Campus

Pavilion III