We're here to help you understand your immigration status and make the most out of your time in the U.S.

While you're here, there are certain rules and procedures that you are required to follow. Please choose your immigration status to learn more about traveling outside the U.S., employment, and maintaining your status. Not sure what your immigration status is? F-1 international students should have a Form I-20. J-1 international students should have a Form DS-2019.

Prospective International Students

Thank you for your interest in Augusta University! Before you begin communicating with the International & Postdoctoral Services Office (IPSO), you'll need to be accepted to an Augusta University degree program. After you are accepted, and have officially accepted/confirmed the offer of admission, the Office of Academic Admissions or The Graduate School will notify our office if you will need a visa to study in the U.S. (F-1 or J-1). You will receive an email from ipso@augusta.edu requesting that you log into AU International and complete the appropriate request forms. After we issue your document (I-20 or DS-2019), you can apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate in your home country.

More Information

Talk to an Advisor

Advisors are available for Augusta University faculty, staff, visiting scholars, enrolled students and their spouses for questions concerning immigration status as it pertains to enrollment, employment or scholar programs at Augusta University.

Request an Appointment