Master of Education with a Major in Instruction
Master of Education With a Major In
- Gain up to 6 credit hours for induction work in local school systems
- Computer Science, English as a Second Language (ESOL), Gifted-in-Field, PBIS, STEM, & Reading endorsements are available
- 100% Online program offers students more flexiblity
- One-on-one help from a faculty member academic advisor
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Education with a Major in Instruction degree at Augusta University supports educators by enhancing their professional knowledge and skills related to teaching, managing, and learning in P-12 schools and other educational settings.
Aligned with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, The program of study addresses the Georgia Department of Education’s TAPS performance standards and the teacher evaluation system.
The M.Ed. in Instruction is dedicated to:
- Empowering teachers to take control of their own professional development.
- Improving teaching practices leading to improved student learning.
- Integrating theory, research, and classroom data with advanced practical teaching strategies for classroom implementation.
- Improving teaching practices in the areas of: teaching and learning strategies, classroom management, instructional technology, teaching diverse learners in the local context, designing and implementing relevant classroom assessments and using data to inform and improve practice.
The Master of Education (MEd) in Instruction is designed for candidates who hold a valid teaching certificate and seek an advanced graduate degree. The program consists of 36 semester hours. All content coursework and key assessments will reflect existing certification areas.