The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) serves as the initial point of contact and centralized coordinating office for all clinical research conducted within the Augusta University Health System.
Its mission is to facilitate clinical research by providing quality services, solutions, innovative leadership, the promotion of collaboration, and continuous quality improvement. Its operation is based upon a comprehensive “One Stop Shop” concept for investigators and sponsors. The clinical trials office provides oversight and management of clinical studies.
Clinical Trials office services include:
- Research Study Initiation Processes – Coordination of CDA, DUA, MTA, CTA, Feasibility and Site Questionnaires, etc.
- Compliance Approval Preparation - IRB, Biosafety, Chemical Safety, Radiation Safety, etc.
- Conduct of Clinical Trials - Recruitment, consenting, study conduct, study procedures (as appropriate), CRF completion, response to sponsor queries, and storage/distribution of specimens.
- Financial management of studies
- Dedicated research facilities (Children's Research Unit (CRU) located in the hospital and on Pope Avenue an outpatient study clinic with a BSL2 approved lab), examination/treatment rooms, space for monitors and auditors and family/patient waiting areas
* STUDY COORDINATION SERVICES*
* CENTRALIZED SERVICES*
* SPECIALIZED SERVICES*
* QUALITY ASSURANCE*
* OUTPATIENT RESEARCH FACILITY - POPE AVENUE*