We have created these forms to help you understand the University System of Georgia’s
documentation guidelines. Among other things, we need to know your diagnosis, current functional limitations, how long you’ve had them, and how long they’ll last.
Just because you’ve sent us documentation DOES NOT guarantee accommodation approval.
Sometimes documentation is also sent to the Regents’ Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD)
for additional review or we need to check-in with a university department. We strive
to have decisions made as quickly as possible, however; usually within two weeks of
request. For more information, click the explanation link that fits your needs and
contact us with any questions.
Where To Go For Testing
If you have questions before seeing a healthcare provider, TDS can help! Send an email
to our office account: email@example.com.
- For any disability, it’s not your responsibility to know which tests to take! Your
provider should know based on your needs.
- For ADHD, Learning Disabilities, etc., someone other than the psychologist may do
the evaluation with you. That’s fine, as long as the final report is signed by a licensed
psychologist (PhD, PsyD).
- Letters for psychological disorders should come from/be signed by licensed mental
health providers (LPC, LMSW, PhD, etc.)
- Letters should be from the last 3-5 years at the oldest, but this is case-by-case
and some diagnoses vary (psychological ~ 1 year, for example).
- Think you have a disability, but never been evaluated? Contact a qualified licensed provider in your insurance’s network or email firstname.lastname@example.org for referral information.
- Had a learning disability/ADHD since high school? Send your most recent IEP/504 Plan and any psychological reports. If they’re older
than 5 years, we can discuss this at your appointment.
- Diagnosed with ADHD after high school? Send any psychological reports. If they’re more than 5 years old, we can discuss
this at your appointment.
- Had accommodations at a previous university? Ask their disability services to send you a copy of your accommodation letter & any
documentation of your disability you submitted to them.
To schedule an appointment with a Disability Service Provider, email email@example.com or call (706) 737-1469. Please complete the New Client Intake Form and send it plus any documentation supporting your diagnosis to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (706) 729-2298.