Documentation Requirements

Appropriate documentation includes a statement of diagnosis, how the diagnosed problem impacts your ability to learn, and suggests accommodations in order to validate your request for academic accommodations. Documentation must be current and by a qualified health professional, such as a physician, audiologist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or neuropsychologist. 

We have created the forms below to help you understand the University System of Georgia’s documentation guidelines. Among other things, we need to know your diagnosis, current functional limitations, how long you’ve had them, and how long they’ll last.

Just because you’ve sent us documentation DOES NOT guarantee accommodation approval. 

Sometimes documentation is also sent to the Regents’ Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD) for additional review or we need to check-in with a university department. We strive to have decisions made as quickly as possible, however; usually within two weeks of request. For more information, click the explanation link that fits your needs and contact us with any questions.

Contact Us

Testing & Disability Services

Summerville Campus

Galloway Hall

2500 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30904



Where To Go For Testing

If you have questions before seeing a healthcare provider, TDS can help! Send an email to our office account:

About Providers:
  • For any disability, it’s not your responsibility to know which tests to take! Your provider should know based on your needs.
  • For ADHD, Learning Disabilities, etc., someone other than the psychologist may do the evaluation with you. That’s fine, as long as the final report is signed by a licensed psychologist (PhD, PsyD).
  • Letters for psychological disorders should come from/be signed by licensed mental health providers (LPC, LMSW, PhD, etc.)
  • Letters should be from the last 3-5 years at the oldest, but this is case-by-case and some diagnoses vary (psychological ~ 1 year, for example).
  • Think you have a disability, but never been evaluated? Contact a qualified licensed provider in your insurance’s network or email for referral information.
  • Had a learning disability/ADHD since high school? Send your most recent IEP/504 Plan and any psychological reports. If they’re older than 5 years, we can discuss this at your appointment.
  • Diagnosed with ADHD after high school? Send any psychological reports. If they’re more than 5 years old, we can discuss this at your appointment.
  • Had accommodations at a previous university? Ask their disability services to send you a copy of your accommodation letter & any documentation of your disability you submitted to them.

To schedule an appointment with a Disability Service Provider, email or call (706) 737-1469.  Please complete the New Client Intake Form and send it plus any documentation supporting your diagnosis to or fax it to (706) 729-2298.