The primary mission of the Division of Sponsored Program Administration (SPA) is to advance the extramural support programs of the institution by providing administrative,
informational, and logistical assistance to faculty and staff, while ensuring compliance
with pertinent policies and regulations of the institution, extramural sponsors, and
federal oversight agencies.
- Provide effective support for the faculty and the institution in obtaining extramural
- Support institutional goals regarding cost recovery, reduced cost sharing, consistent
routing, and review and approval of proposals and agreements.
- Support fiscal and administrative compliance with grant/contract regulations.
- Provide training to the AU community relative to the requirements of managing sponsored
- Provide effective institutional database and reporting services regarding sponsored
programs and useful analytical and comparative reports.
- Support the goals of the Senior Vice President for Research, the Augusta University
Research Institute and other institutional offices.