Established by her husband Zeb L. Burrell, Jr., MD (MCG, '52) to honor Dr. Burrell
and commemorate her excitement and joy in teaching nursing students. Preference will
be given to students with an interest in adult (medical/surgical) nursing education
within spectrum of practical, associate, baccalaureate, and/or masters nursing education
Award Amount: $500 | Available to: Currently Enrolled Nursing Students
***Must have a minimum 3.0 institutional GPA
You will submit the following requirements through the academic works application
- Submit a two-page resume highlighting previous work or volunteer experiences related
to education. Your resume should also demonstrate your leadership abilities, accomplishments,
honors and other life experiences.
- Submit an essay addressing the following:
- Discussing the importance of the role of nursing faculty in developing the next generation
- Describing how a nursing faculty has impacted your education experience;
- Stating why you want to be a nurse educator and how you will help the next generation
of nursing students.
- Letter of recommendation from a nursing faculty.
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application on the ACADEMIC WORKS page.
For questions, please contact the CON Office of Student Affairs at 706.721.3237.