The Susan Alden Award was established by MCG School of Nursing alumna (BSN and MSN)
and dedicated Alumna Association Board Member, Susan Alden, DNP, FNP, APMHCNS, BC.
Dr. Alden is Board-certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center in Adult
Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing and Family Practice Nursing and has taught nursing
for nearly 30 years. She established this award to assist students enrolled in an
advanced practice nursing program who have a desire to work with psychiatric-mental
Award Amount: $1,000 | Available to: DNP Student
***Must be in good academic standing
You will submit the following requirements through the academic works application
- Provide one (1) recommendation from a faculty member who can address your ability
to provide superior mental health-psychiatric nursing care to clients in a primary
care setting OR primary nursing care in the mental health-psychiatric setting.
- Submit a CV highlighting employment or volunteer work with county mental health services
or community based mental health programs. Both nursing and non-nursing experience
may be included.
- Submit a one page paper on one of the following topics:
- How a background in psychiatric/mental health nursing will impact the quality of care
you will provide in a family nurse practice setting. OR
- How a combined psychiatric/mental health family nursing practice will impact the future
of your patient's care and possibly the care of all patients' care.
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application on the ACADEMIC WORKS page.
For questions, please contact the CON Office of Student Affairs at 706.721.3237.