Workshops & Activities
Explore The Biomedical Sciences
STARs are given the opportunity to learn more about the variety of research initiatives and approaches at Augusta University beyond their own research project.
Each biomedical science graduate program spends individualized time with the STAR participants to spotlight their field of science and highlight their research and educational opportunities.
Students are exposed to cutting-edge research in a variety of formats including poster sessions, seminars, presentations of faculty research, discussion groups, laboratory tours and scientific demonstrations.
Beyond the Bench
Workshops greatly contribute to making the STAR experience more than just a summer job.
Amidst a background of food and fun, workshops are a great opportunity to learn, network and form lasting friendships. STARs come together as a group twice a week for informal and interactive workshops to promote interaction with fellow STARs as well as with Augusta University faculty, post-doctoral fellows, graduate students and staff.
The diversity of workshop formats and the range of topics satisfies everyone’s personal style and keep the weekly meetings dynamic and interesting.
- The Genomic Revolution
- The Mighty Fly in Biomedical Research
- The Wonderful World of Physiology
- Hot Topics in Neuroscience
- Blood Pressure Kidney ExtravaganzaTrivia
- Biomedical Ethics
- Cancer Biology
- The Art of Creating Presenting a Scientific Poster
- Science & Research at the GA Prevention Institute
- Teamwork in the Simulation Center
- Homeostasis and Body Fluid Balance
- Tips to be a Super STAR in Lab
- Applying & Interviewing for Graduate School
- Networking with Graduate Students
- Vision Workshops
- Sickle Cell Workshop