Master of Science with a Major in Kinesiology
Master of Science With a Major In
- Sports Coaching certificate is the only coaching-specific certificate approved by the Board of Regents in the State of Georgia and is conveniently delivered through a 100% online platform.
- Students are offered opportunities to engage in cutting-edge research in the Physiology, Exercise, Diet and Locomotion Lab (PEDAL) and the Nutrition, Stress and Exercise Lab (NESL).
- Internship opportunities in your area of interest to gain important real world experience.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Science in Kinesiology (MSK) at Augusta University is a program that consists of a rigorous exercise and sports science-based core along with an approved certificate program and other elective courses that offer flexibility as well as the opportunity to specialize.
The MSK is comprised of two tracks (thesis and non-thesis) and is taught by faculty with expertise in exercise physiology, exercise psychology, nutrition, motor learning, sports coaching/pedagogy and research methods.
Beginning Fall 2019, the MSK program will be offered 100% online.
- Thesis track - Allows students to work with like-minded research-focused faculty in the development, execution and write-up of a study specifically related to kinesiology while completing the degree requirements.
- Non-thesis track - Gives students the opportunity to complete an internship experience in a kinesiology-related area of interest while completing the degree requirements.
The program attracts professionals from diverse clinical and non-clinical backgrounds. This includes exercise science, health science, nutrition, and physical education/coaching pedagogy, medicine, and allied health.