Leap Week is Augusta University's Extended Orientation Experience!
This is the final experience that students will participate in as they complete their
transition into Augusta University. Like our other transition experiences, Leap Week
is designed with students in mind, and is meant to facilitate a seamless transition
into our Augusta University community. By connecting students with academic and engagement
resources, Leap Week ensures students are well prepared for their fall semester. Leap
Week encourages students to leap into their fall semester, and prioritizes student engagement and connection.
Below are some important program highlights:
- Leap Week Addresses by Dr. Neil MacKinnon and Dr. Scott Wallace: Our Leap Week Welcome Address will be presented by Dr. Neil MacKinnon, Augusta University's
Provost and Executive Vice President. All incoming students will also be addressed
by our Dean of Students, Dr. Scott Wallace during our Academic Day Closing Ceremony.
- Improv Comedy with Mission IMPROVable Voted the Best Comedy Performers and the Entertainers of the Year, Mission IMPROVable
is one of the top-ranked traveling comedy companies in the country. This Chicago and
Los Angeles-based troupe has proven itself as a consistent presence on campuses across
the country - and cannot wait to join us on August 12th, 2023!
- Chris Jones the Hypnotist Chris Jones is a hypnotist, comedian and the host of upcoming prank series Double
Take on Facebook Watch. In each episode of the new series, Jones conspires with a
different celebrity (from John Cena, to Pamela Anderson and NeNe Leakes) to give one
adoring fan the surprise of a lifetime: meeting and interacting with their idol in
a range of crazy circumstances, though – under hypnosis – unable to recognize them.
Join in to see who you engage with!
- Authentic Augusta Experiences It’s time to experience Augusta in a whole new way, step into the water as an Eco-Explorer and be
a scientist for the day, pick up your paint brush and paint a mural in Promenade and
Paint, Augusta’s Public Art, meet the Black Caddies; the Men on the Bag with stories
of days on the greens at The Masters, go through orientation as a new hire as an 1800’s
mill worker and be paid in company scrip, put on a badge and become a member of the Augusta
Museum of History’s Detective Agency and protect the history of Augusta, hear the
Rest of the Story as a rogue “journalist,” unveils the back story about the art at
the Morris Museum of Art and don’t miss the chance to curate your own charcuterie
board influenced by contemporary art.
- Welcome to Augusta University Kickoff We are excited to welcome our incoming class of students to campus! Join us for a
night like no other at SRP Park that will connect you with your peers and so many
- Freshman Convocation At this event, you will receive your official Class Pin, Class T-shirt, and take your Class Photo with over 1,000 of your new classmates. After the ceremony, you are invited to have
dinner with your future professors and campus professionals while exploring the many
academic and social opportunities at AU.