Courses from regionally accredited post-secondary institutions will normally transfer to Augusta University if they are comparable to courses offered for academic credit here or would earn academic credit if they were offered. Transfer Equivalency Guides can assist students in understanding how college coursework will transfer and apply towards Augusta University degree programs.

 Augusta University transfer credit policies:

  • It is the applicant's responsibility to send official transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Academic Admissions
  • AU does not accept unofficial transcripts.
  • AU evaluates all credits attempted and earned.
  • AU does not honor grade forgiveness at another institution. All grades from all courses are included in all of our transfer evaluations for admission. This includes selective Allied Health & Nursing programs.
  • Augusta University does not accept Health Science specific courses.
  • Classes/credit taken on the quarter system will be converted to a semester system.
  • Per University System of Georgia guidelines, students who attend a USG school and complete Core A-E coursework will have those credits transfer within the Core.
  • Credit by Exam may be awarded upon sending official scores to the Office of Academic Admissions.
  • Student who take Dual Enrollment while in high school should send their college transcripts to the Office of Academic Admissions for an evaluation upon high school graduation.
  • Transfer Credit Evaluations are completed for applicants to Augusta University. A Transfer Credit Evaluation will tell the applicant what credits transfer in, and how they apply towards the Core curriculum.

Students trying to understand how their credits will transfer before applying for admission should use the transfer equivalency guides.

The Office of Academic Admissions works with faculty from each department to evaluate course descriptions to determine course equivalency. If we determine the course is not an academic equivalent, the student can appeal to the department by providing additional content about the course. This should include syllabus, lab notebook, and/or textbook review.

Upon review the department may decide the course is or is not an academic equivalent, notify the Office of Academic Admissions, and/or provide a course substitution form with a different course. The decision from the academic department is final and cannot be appealed or changed.

Contact Us


Summerville Campus

Benet House