About the Certificate
The Certificate in Arts Administration prepares students from any major for employment
in nonprofit organizations in the arts and cultural resources fields. In addition
to acquiring skills such as grant-writing and public relations communications, students
apply their knowledge and skills in an internship with an appropriate nonprofit arts
Total hours for the certificate: 18 Credit Hours
Required Courses (6 Credit Hours)
- POLS 4050: Nonprofit Management (3 Hours)
- Internship: (3 Hours) at least three hours of internship in ART, COMM, ENGL, FILM, MUSI, MUSM, or THEA 4960.
Electives (12 Credit Hours)
Select 12 Credit Hours from the following courses:
- COMM 3220: Public Relations Writing (3 Hours)
- COMM 4320: Public Relations and Social Media Campaigns (3 Hours)
- ENGL 3650: Grant Writing (3 Hours)
- MKTG 3700: Principles of Marketing (3 Hours)
- MKTG 3750: Event Planning and Production (3 Hours)
- MKTG 3760: Social Media Marketing (3 Hours)
- MUSI 3650: Music Events and Promotion (3 Hours)
- MUSI 4600: Music Licensing (3 Hours)
- MUSI 4910: Special Topics in Music Business and Management 2
- MUSM 3950: Introduction to Museum Studies (3 Hours)
- MUSM 3960: Museum Management and Leadership (3 Hours)
- POLS 4051: Financial Management for Nonprofits (3 Hours)
Want to learn more?
For more information, contact Dr. Christine Crookall at (706) 737-1738 or email email@example.com.
You can also contact the Office of Admissions at 706-737-1632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.