Army ROTC Scholarships
This scholarship is specific to those students who wish to serve in the National Guard
upon commissioning. Dedicated ARNG scholarships cover full tuition and mandatory fees.
Scholarship awardees also receive a book allowance of $600 per semester (not including
summer) and a monthly stipend between $420. These cadets also receive weekend drill
and annual training pay as participants in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP).
Request for more Information
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must not reach 31 years of age by December 31of the year you will graduate from college.
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT or 19 on the ACT.
- Satisfactory explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction.
- Have no moral or personal conviction against bearing arms or supporting and defending
the Constitution of the United States.
- Must complete the ROTC Basic Course requirements or Basic Training.
- Must be willing to participate in the SMP program with the National Guard. If you
do not belong to a unit, you must obtain a letter of acceptance to the unit, stating
that they will accept you as a SMP cadet.
- Must be medically qualified.
If you are selected for an ARNG scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract guaranteeing service in the National Guard upon commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in the National Guard which includes 3-6 months active duty for initial
training. Terms of obligation begins at time of commissioning.
- Attend the 5-week Advanced Camp between your 3rd and 4th year at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
- Serve as a SMP cadet in the unit of your choice with an available SMP slot.