The screening process gives our dental care providers an opportunity to fully assess
your dental needs. This process usually includes the following steps:
- Preventive oral health instructions
Please be aware of the following screening guidelines:
- ALLOW UP TO FOUR HOURS FOR THIS APPOINTMENT.
- For the SCREENING appointment, please be prepared to pay $132.00 for the examination.
X-rays are typically taken.
- Please advise staff if the patient is non-English speaking or hearing impaired so
that we may arrange interpreter services before your arrival.
- Only a screening evaluation will be performed. No dental treatment is available at
the screening appointment.
Because assigning a patient to a student depends on the needs of the student, a waiting
period may be necessary. If we cannot assign you within 6-12 months, you will be notified.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that all people awaiting assignment will be accepted
for treatment. If you have questions regarding your assignment of care, call Patient
Services at (706) 721-8582.
If you are not contacted within four months of your initial screening exam, please
assume our waiting list for your particular problem(s) is too long. In this case,
we urge you to seek care elsewhere before your problems become more complex.
More about the screening charge:
Although our teaching program offers educational discounts for the dental care provided,
this is not a free clinic. Each service provided incurs a charge including your initial
- Again, please be prepared to pay $132.00 for the screening examination, which typically
- Payment is due at the screening appointment. We will be glad to file your insurance
for possible reimbursement.
- Payment may be made by cash, personal check, or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or
- Charges for the screening appointment are non-refundable.