In addition to the employee resources offered by Augusta University, the Department
of Emergency Medicine offers its residents a number of other benefits, including:
- CME Dollars. Each incoming resident is given a CME account with a balance of $1500. Broad latitude
is given regarding what educational material may be purchased with the funds. Examples
include the purchase of books, ACEP Scientific Assembly conference attendance, etc.
- Research Dollars. When original research is presented at a national conference, the department will
reimburse up to $1000 to mitigate expenses. Note that this money is in addition to
the CME dollars described above.
- “Resident Day.” The residents are provided an additional day off during the Spring of each year.
The date is usually around the time of the In-Training Examination and additional
faculty coverage is provided in the ED to allow all residents to attend. The residency
provides funds for a group activity as well as a catered lunch.
We also supply our residents with:
- Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine (digital or print)
- EMRA Membership
- Rosh Review
- $300 Jag Card Funds for use at campus restaurants and bookstore
- Two sets of scrubs and a white coat (one set per incoming resident)
More Employee Resources
For a complete description of the many benefits offered to you on the institutional
level, please download the Benefits Summary from Augusta University HR
Other employee resources available to Augusta University employees can be explored at