Educational Innovation Institute
The mission of the Educational Innovation Institute (EII) at Augusta University (AU)
is to champion excellence and innovation in health sciences education, and educational
scholarship that enhances learning and develops educational leaders locally and globally.
The EII was founded as the Education Discovery Institute in 2008 under the leadership
of Dr. Ruth-Marie E. Fincher, retired Vice Dean of Academic Affairs and former Co-Director
of the EII.
What we do:
- Inspire and facilitate the reframing of educational problems and challenges to meet
the needs of today’s health professions education learners and educators.
- Support the professional and educational leadership development of health professions
- Provide health professions educators with time-tested and/or innovative processes,
technologies, or select content to address today’s educational problems and challenges.
Who we serve:
- Primary: Augusta University health professions educators
- Secondary: The broader health professions education community
How we do it:
- Provide services that are timely, professional, personal, participatory, and development-oriented.
- Apply team-member competencies in educational assessment, faculty development, program
development, program evaluation, and educational research.