Temporary Hire Process
Beginning March 15, 2021, departments who have a HR Business Partner will begin contacting
their designated HR Business Partner and HR Business Specialist to begin the process
for all temporary hires. Those departments without an HR Business Partner will contact
the HR Coordinator per the updated department list.
- Submit PCF (add/change position ePAR transaction in OneUSG Connect) to have position
created/updated and submit to HR Business Partner or Compensation & Performance Management
- Departments select their candidate.
- Have the employee complete the Background Entry Form and the Education Verification Form
- Department will complete reference(s) for selected candidate.
- Department will contact their HR contact (per the updated list) start the hire process.
- Department will submit completed background, reference(s) and education verification
to HR contact (per the updated list).
- HR Contact will respond requesting the additional information (if not already provided):
- Estimate date of hire:
- Estimate date of termination:
- Position Number:
- Hourly rate:
- Copy of Resume
- Completed References (preferably 2 but 1 is sufficient if it is a previous supervisor)
- Completed Education Verification Form
- Will this employee working in a lab or provide patient care?
- Once the background is cleared the HR contact (per the update list) will request the USG Temporary packet in Equifax and contact student to set up in-processing
- The temporary employee will receive two emails (login information & password) from
Equifax to complete the new hire packet in Equifax.
- Once in-processing is complete – the HR Coordinator will notify supervisor to submit
Smart HR Hire ePAR and confirm start date. The temporary employee cannot work until
this portion is complete. The ePAR must be submitted within 24 hours.
**Please note that temporary employees cannot work until notified by HR that the temporary
employee has completed their processing.
- Once the temporary hire completes their packet and the ePAR has been submitted, the
HR Coordinator will hire the temporary in OneUSG Connect. The HR Coordinator will
then send welcome email to the temporary employee (to claim their NetID) and email