J Harold Harrison MD Dist Univ Chr in Gastro
Medical College of Georgia
Department of Medicine: Gastroenterology
Dr. Rao came to Augusta University in September 2011 as Professor of Medicine, Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and the new founding Director of the Digestive Health Center.
- (706) 721-2242
- (706) 721-0331
- AD 2238
American Board of Internal Medicine (Gastroenterology) 166577
University of Iowa, 1998
American Board of Internal Medicine (Int. Med) 166577
University of Iowa, 1996
PhD (sheffield), University of Sheffield, (UK)
United Kingdom, 1987
MRCP (UK), Royal college of Physicians, London, (UK)
United Kingdom, 1982
LRCP, MRCS; Conjoint Board, London, UK
United Kingdom, 1979
State of Georgia, 2011
Georgia Physician License 66739
Augusta University, 2011
Awards & Honors
ACG Edgar Achkar Visiting Professor
ACG Institute, University of Miami, Florida, 2017
ACG Presidential Poster Award to Dr. M. Pimentel and Dr. S. Rao
ACG Institute, 2017
ACG Presidential Poster Award to Dr. Satish SC Rao
ACG Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2017
James C. Respess Distinguished Visiting Professor & Lectureship
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 2017
Rome Foundation Visiting Professor
University of California, San Francisco, 2017
Courses Taught Most Recent Academic Year
Ambulatory Adult Select
Provide leadership as Program Director.
Host motility workshops & serve as visiting professor.
Advanced teaching/training techniques for education & video conferencing.
Selected Recent Publications
- Development and Validation of the Rome IV Diagnostic Questionnaire for Adults., 2016
- Functional Anorectal disorders., 2016
- Mixed Soluble/Insoluble Fibre vs. Psyllium for Chronic Constipation., 2016
- Repeated Treatment with Rifaximin for Diarrhea-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome, 2016
- Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and classification of fecal incontinence: State of the Science Summary for the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) workshop, 2015
Journal Article, Academic Journal
Neuromodulation Therapy for Fecal Incontinence.
Biofeedback Therapy for Dyssynergic Defecation.
Complete 10-Plus on-going research projects.