Medical College of Georgia
Department of Pediatrics: Infectious Diseases
Born in Bogota DC, Colombia in South America. Pediatrics residency initially at LSU, transferred after hurricane Katrina, graduated as a pediatrician from UVM. Pediatric Infectious Diseases fellowship completed at Boston University.
Pediatric Infectious Diseases in general with an emphasis in tropical medicine, antibiotic stewardship, TB, Chagas disease, point of care ultrasound to diagnose pneumonia in limited-resource settings.
- POCUS in limited-resource settings.
- Using POCUS to diagnose Acute chest syndrome vs PNA in SCD.
- Antibiotic Stewardship in Pediatrics
- COVID 19 in pediatrics and MIS-C related diagnosis with emphasis on health disparities and progression to Macrophage activation Syndrome (MAS)
- Congenital and noncongenital Chagas disease in pediatrics with an emphasis in pediatric immunocompromised hosts
- RSV and ultrasound diagnosis to avoid radiation with CXR in pediatrics