We understand that career goals can change over time so the University System of Georgia
MD/PhD Program offers a flexible MD/PhD program, designed for current medical students
who would like to combine clinical care with biomedical research.
Deadline for August 2022 is January 15, 2022.
Requirements to apply as an MD student:
- Students applying for matriculation into the MD/PhD Program following completion of
the M2 or M3 year must have passed each module and/or course at the 80th percentile
and be ranked within the top 50 percent of their medical school class.
Complete and submit the application which includes:
- An essay describing your desire to enter the dual degree MD/PhD program and your research
- A description all of your substantial research experience(s)
- A copy of any abstracts and published articles you have authored or co-authored
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from former research advisors
Thank you for your interest in the program!