The "Cardinal" Rule
Do not use a microscope if you lack the appropriate skills.
All new users are required to be trained via the Imaging Core staff prior to using
an instrument unless they can demonstrate instrument competency.
- Reserve all microscopes using the iLab management software. Click here to log into iLab. If you require assistance let Dr. Rachel Cui know.
- If assistance is required for an experiment, please notify the Imaging Core staff
(note: you will be charged for this). Periodic assistance with problems arising is
not subject to an additional charge.
- Reserved and unused time will result in the user’s laboratory being billed at the
hourly rate (Fees). Cancellations must be made at least one hour prior to the scheduled session.
- Prior calendar reservation is required for all instruments (can be made just before
- Sign onto the log book, indicating not only your name, but also contact information
as well as all other information requested. IMPORTANT: indicate in the log book whether
you turned the microscope ON and/or OFF. Also please give your first name when logging
into a machine.
- Microscopes should be operated during non-peak hours by skilled users only. IMPORTANT:
Users during non-peak hours must turn the instrument OFF when they finish using it,
UNLESS the next user is physically present and therefore identified as available to
assume this responsibility.