Orthodontics to Straighten Your Teeth and Enhance Your Smile
If you or someone in your family has poorly positioned teeth or related facial or
jaw problems, the Orthodontics Residency Program at The Dental College of Georgia
can work with you to create a straighter, healthier, and more attractive smile.
The state-of-the-art care is delivered by orthodontic residents supervised by a team
of board-certified orthodontic faculty. These caring professionals deliver personalized
care in a warm, reassuring environment, whether you need braces, retainers, or more
advanced orthodontic procedures. Together, they have the skills, experience, and technology
to address virtually any orthodontic problem in infants, children, adolescents, and
One of the most modern orthodontic clinics in the nation and a regional referral center,
the clinic is located on the second floor of The Dental College of Georgia. This world-class
facility offers every dental specialty under one roof in a bright, spacious setting.
There is ample out-front parking and easy access to all dental, medical, and specialty
resources of Augusta University, the state’s largest training facility for healthcare
The Orthodontics Residency offers a patient-centered approach to the following services:
- Traditional and tooth-colored braces and removable clear retainers
- Space management of the developing permanent teeth and interceptive orthodontic treatment
for children as needed
- Retainers and other retention devices
- Orthodontic appliances to increase the width of the jaw (jaw expansion)
- Orthognathic care to treat and correct abnormalities of the facial and jaw bones
- Diagnosis and treatment of jaw joint disorders (TMJ) and facial pain problems
- Limited orthodontic care for patients who do not need full-mouth orthodontics
- Care for cleft lip and palate patients, in babies and for all ages
- Infant orthopedic appliance (nasal alveolar molding)
- Advanced imaging, including the area’s first limited field cone beam computerized
tomography (CBCT). CBCT reduces radiation exposure yet provides clear, crisp images
of a targeted area of the jaws and teeth.
- The area’s only 3dMD facial imaging used in diagnosing and planning care for facial,
aesthetic, and functional problems
- Laser treatments for minor alterations of gum tissue before applying braces to teeth
that are not fully erupted
- Temporary anchorage devices placed in the jaw bone to help in the positioning of teeth
- Interdisciplinary care in which orthodontists work with other dental or medical specialists
to deliver comprehensive care for complex problems
- Utilization of clear aligners
We accept most dental insurance plans and credit cards as well as checks and cash.
Don’t let crooked teeth or an irregular bite undermine your appearance, confidence,
and health. Call to speak to a scheduling coordinator.