- Assisting with the identification of funding opportunities
- Reviewing program guidelines prior to the submission of applications
- Providing assistance in proposal development related to sponsor, institutional, and
- Serving as the liaison with Legal Office in contract review process
- Reviewing proposals and providing institutional sign-off
- Receiving notice of award from sponsors and ensuring that the terms are acceptable
- Requesting that account be established
- Receiving payments from sponsors and ensuring that they are matched to the appropriate
- Reviewing extension requests and other changes and amendments
- Reviewing requests for establishment of Residual Accounts
- Providing training to faculty and departmental administrative research staff on pre-award
- Having oversight for fiscal and administrative compliance issues; liaison with sponsors
on behalf of the institution and the investigator relative to matters that require
sponsor prior approval.
What address should grant and contract checks be mailed to?
Augusta University Research Institute, Inc.
P.O. Box 945552
Atlanta, GA 30394-5552
The pre-award staff members and their assignment areas are shown below: