Academic Advisors are here to help students through various academic processes, such
as next term advisement and course registration.
Provided below are some tips to help you prepare for your advisement and course registration.
Tips for preparing for an advisement appointment:
- Review your JagTrax degree audit to ensure there are no discrepancies with your credits and how they are
satisfying requirements for your degree.
- Keep an updated copy of your academic program’s track sheet and program pathway to bring to your advisement appointment. Students can request a program track sheet
from their Academic Advisor.
- Anticipate building a balanced schedule with a target of 15-16 credit hours each term. Note: this may not be possible for students with large loads of advanced placement,
dual enrollment or transfer credit.
- Write down questions that you wish to address with your Advisor during your advising
Tips for preparing for registration:
- Review the course suggestions that you and your advisor discussed. If you have questions
or would like to make changes, contact your Advisor prior to your registration date.
- Ensure that you know when your registration date is. To view your registration date:
- Log into POUNCE.
- Click “Student.”
- Click “Registration.”
- Click “Registration Menu.”
- Select "View Registration Information."
- Resolve any holds you may have that would prevent your registration. Holds Information can be found on the Registrar’s website under the “Students” tab at the top.
- Create your schedule in either Schedule Planner or POUNCE Registration. This should
be done BEFORE your registration day.
- When in doubt, contact your Advisor as soon as you encounter problems either with scheduling or registering.