While the Study Abroad Office wants to make studying abroad/away as affordable as
possible for our students and to be accommodating as possible, a few rules are essential.
You need to be aware of these policies detailed below. When a trip application is
submitted, be aware of the guiding policy, so that misunderstandings can be avoided.
- A $200 deposit and completed application paperwork is required to hold a student’s
space on a study abroad/away program.
- In some cases a smaller initial deposit is accepted with the balance to be earned
through fundraising efforts (i.e., Yankee candle sales, etc.). This must be approved
PRIOR to the payment.
- After a student makes an initial deposit and completes the application paperwork in
Terra Dotta, the student will be contacted by the Study Abroad Office to enroll in
a “Planning Meeting” workshop. Participation in a workshop is mandatory. It is an
important step in preparing a student for a study abroad/away program. Critical information
is shared that will help guide the traveler on a variety of travel related concerns,
including the financial terms and conditions that govern study abroad and study away
- The deposit is non-refundable under any circumstance, including funds earned through fundraisers.
- Final payments need to be made a minimum of 90 days before travel, and as far ahead
of travel as 120 days, depending upon the trip.
- When a student submits an application for a program they are required to attend a
pre-trip Planning Meeting. In this meeting Study Abroad Office staff review the trip
refund policy and students are required to sign an agreement stating that they will
abide by this policy.
- All trip payments are completely non refundable.
- If a student decides they would prefer to travel to another destination at another
date and time they must check with the Study Abroad Office to see if this is allowable (based on timing and space availability).
- The deposit will be transferred if, and only if, both study abroad/away programs are
within the same fiscal year.
- Deposits cannot be transferred to a trip in a future fiscal year. No exceptions.