Accidental exposure to blood and other body fluids may occur by:
- Needle sticks or cuts from sharp objects and instruments contaminated with another
person's blood or potentially infectious body fluids
- Contact of the eyes, nose, mouth or broken skin with another person's blood or other
potentially infectious body fluids
- Wash the area thoroughly with soap and water.
- Notify your attending faculty member immediately as various types of blood tests need
to be ordered and performed on you and the source patient as soon as possible.
- Complete the Blood/Body Fluid Exposure Form.
You may submit the exposure incident form to the Student Health Clinic Mondays - Fridays
between 8am to 4:30pm.
Campus Incident Report Form