Accidental exposure to blood and other body fluids may occur by:
- Needle sticks or cuts from sharp objects and instruments contaminated with another
person's blood or potentially infectious body fluids
- Contact of the eyes, nose, mouth or broken skin with another person's blood or other
potentially infectious body fluids
If you have been exposed to another person's blood or other body fluids, please do
- Wash the area thoroughly with soap and water.
- Notify your attending faculty memer immediately as various types of blood tests need
to be ordered and performed on you and the source patient as soon as possible.
- Complete the Blood/Body Fluid Exposure Form.
You may submit the exposure incident form to the Student Health Clinic Mondays - Fridays
between 8am to 4:30pm.
Campus Incident Report Form