****Spring 2021 waivers are currently Open****
The online insurance waiver application form for Spring 2021 will open on November
2nd 2020 and will close on January 15th 2021. You will receive an email once you
PLEASE NOTE: You must be registered for classes and the insurance premium must be posted to your
student account for 24 to 96 business hours before you will have access to the online
waiver application. You can check to see if the insurance premium has been posted
by logging into your pounce account. Even though the waiver deadline is extended to
January 15th 2021, if you have not waived by the payment deadline set up by the business
office then you may be dropped from your classes.
All students who would like to waive the Augusta University student insurance in favor
of their own private insurance please be sure to complete the online waiver application
prior to the payment deadline. It can take up to 96 business hours after a waiver
has been completed and approved to post to your Augusta University student account.
Go to https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/augusta to complete and submit your Waiver Request. Please use your POUNCE ID number to access the system. At the end of the online waiver
request process, you will receive an automatic email response of approval or denial
and will have the opportunity to print a copy of your request for your records.
Your insurance plan must meet the minimum benefit requirements per the Board of Regents
If your waiver is approved, a credit will be placed on your POUNCE account within
5 business days.
***Please note the following:
- If your waiver has not been approved or you have not applied by the deadline that
tuition and fees are due, you must pay the insurance premium to avoid being dropped
- Waivers that are requested and approved after the deadline will result in a $60 late
fee on your POUNCE account and will only be accepted until January 26th 2021.
- If you want to appeal a denied waiver, See USG Waiver Appeal Process
- Frequently Asked Questions for international students on waiver requirement changes
- If you have an approved waiver and lose your current insurance coverage during the
semester, please contact us via email at email@example.com to enroll in the student health insurance plan or provide information on your new
private insurance policy.
Minimum Board of Regents Requirements
- Plan must be ACA compliant, meaning that the plan is an individual or group insurance
plan meeting the requirements of ACA.
A. Unlimited Maximum Benefit for covered medical expenses.
B. Coverage for essential benefits (with no dollar limits), as defined
under the ACA. This includes, but is not limited to:
2. Mental health services on parity with medical services
3. Maternity benefits
4. Preventive care with no cost-sharing for Preferred
5. Coverage for pre-existing condition with no waiting
6. Pediatric dental and vision coverage
- Maximum preferred provider total out-of-pocket expenses cannot exceed $8,150 per member
($16,300 per family). This amount will be adjusted annually to reflect the then current
allowable maximum out-of-pocket
- For students in J status waiver eligible coverage meeting USG and U.S. Department
State regulatory minimum requirements must be submitted at the time of the immigration
check-in appointment. J visa holders must have the following minimum benefits:
- Deductible of no more than $500 per accident or illness.
- Medical Benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness.
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation to his or home country in the amount
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000.
- A policy underwritten by an insurance carrier with:
- an A.M. Best rating of "A-" or above
- a McGraw Hill Financial/Standard & Poor's Claims Paying Ability rating of "A-" or
- a Fitch Rating, Inc. rating of "A-" or above
- a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of "B +" or above
******Bridge, Gap, Monthly, limit/Indemnity plans will not be accepted******