Gretchen B. Caughman was named the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and
Provost on June 1, 2011.
Serving as the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Provost of Augusta
University is the Chief Academic Officer, responsible for advancing all aspects of
the mission of the University, ensuring excellence and innovation in the delivery
of existing knowledge and the discovery of new knowledge. The Provost is accountable
for the achievement of the university’s strategic priorities, through actively engaging
in planning and resource allocation to deliver tangible results and provide a foundation
for future prosperity.
The Office of the Provost is committed to:
- Enhancing academic quality in programs of instruction;
- Fostering the development, improvement and recognition for the Augusta University
- Driving services and programs that promote the success of our students;
- Advancing processes that tie budgeting and effective resource allocation to our planning
- Ensuring the University's infrastructure support functions provide support for the
academic mission and contribute to the pursuit of academic excellence.