Thank you for your interest in becoming a graduate student at Augusta University and joining our biomedical community. We offer nine PhD biomedical science majors led by outstanding faculty in the Medical and Dental Colleges of Georgia.
Applications now open for Fall 2020! Apply Now!
Applicants who apply on or before DECEMBER 1, 2019, can receive an application fee waiver. Get your waiver code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
December 15: Standard Deadline ($55.00 application fee)
Biomedical Sciences At Augusta University
The biomedical sciences at Augusta University have a long and rich history of excellence in graduate research and education. Students enter as a cohort the first year and take a common core curriculum designed to provide a strong, comprehensive and interdisciplinary foundation from the start. Advanced coursework and additional career and professional development opportunities and resources guide students towards achieving their own goals. Our graduates have been very successful in entering the career of their choice in academia, research, teaching, biotechnology, consulting, pharmaceutical industries and a variety of other exciting areas.
Here are just a few factors that result in an enriching, rewarding and transformative graduate school experience at Augusta University:
OFF TO A GREAT START
- First Year Program director ensures students get mentorship right from the start of their enrollment
- Orientations and meetings to ensure a smooth transition into graduate school
- Students enter as a cohort and take first year classes together
- Relevant and practical research and skill building courses
- Competitive Graduate Research Assistantships
CHOOSE YOUR FIT
- Opportunity for five laboratory rotations to allow sufficient time to decide on the best mentor and lab for you
- Funded, successful and caring mentors
- Exciting areas of basic and translational research
TRAIN FOR SUCCESS
- Active laboratories that provide personal training
- Strong core facilities with state-of-the art equipment
- Supportive program directors and advisory committees
- Wellness and Resiliency Workshops
OPPORTUNITIES TO EXCEL
- Grant Writing Course
- Travel awards to present research locally, nationally and even globally
- Career and professional development workshops
- Annual 3MT training and competition
- Annual Graduate Research Day
- Active Biomedical Student Association
- Volunteer, service and leadership opportunities