DoD Cyber Security Scholarship Program
The Department of Defense's (DoD) Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CySP) is open
to Augusta University students enrolled in the 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate education,
and current or prospective students in AU's Masters program. The purpose of the program
is to increase the number of qualified students entering the fields of information
assurance, information technology, and cybersecurity to meet the DoD's increasing
dependence on cybersecurity for war fighting and the security of its information infrastructure.
Since 2017, Augusta University has received over $1 million in scholarship funding from the Department of Defense. Twelve students have received
this prestigious scholarship, including four multi-year recipients.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a citizen of the United States at the time of application. Note, if family
members are not U.S. Citizens, some DoD Agencies may be unable to process the applicant (student) to the security clearance
level required. Every effort will be made to assign eligible students at an Agency
without such restrictions.
- You must be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in one of the identified CAE colleges or universities listed in this announcement, or enrolled (or accepted for
enrollment) at an institution selected by a CAE as a collaborative partner for these purposes.
- You must have completed (or by August 2020 will have completed) at a minimum the first
two years of an undergraduate degree program and be eligible to (a) begin either the
third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree program in cybersecurity; or (b) begin
the first or second year of a Master's degree program in Information Security Management.
You must be pursuing a course of study and/or have a declared major in one of the
scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to cybersecurity or with
a concentration in cybersecurity
- Undergraduate students must be registered and maintain a full-time course-load.
- All books, tuition, and fees are paid by the scholarship
- Internship requirements provide hands on experience
- Stipend for undergraduates: $25,000
- Stipend for graduate students $30,000
- Disabled students may receive additional allowances. There are no allowances for dependents.
Please submit the required documents to email@example.com, Subject Line: CySP Application 2019-20
Please thoroughly read and review the Application Background and Requirements. For additional information regarding the DoD CySP, please contact Markus Bacha at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: DoD CySP) or by calling 706.729.2372.
**THE 2019-2020 APPLICATION WINDOW IS CLOSED**
SMART Scholarship for Service
The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship-for-Service
Program is available for students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Science,
Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines to receive a full scholarship
and guaranteed civilian employment with the Department of Defense upon graduation.
All majors within the School of Computer and Cyber Sciences meet the degree requirements
for this scholarship.
Other Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2020
- A student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Able to participate in summer internships at a DoD facility
- Willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD
The SMART Scholarship-for-Service Program is different from the DoD Cyber Scholarship
in that students must directly apply to the SMART Scholarship Program via the SMART
web site. The application window is open between August 1 and December 1 of each