Doctor of Philosophy with a Major in Genomic Medicine
Doctor of Philosophy With a Major In
- Cutting-edge genomic technologies
- Big Data Analytics
- Biomarker discovery and validation using high throughput technologies and patient cohorts
- Use of animal models and functional omics to understand the mechanism of autoimmunity and cancer
- Drug discovery and delivery
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Interdisciplinary research environment
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Genomic Medicine program provides an outstanding research environment for studying principles and practice of genomic medicine including genetics, genomic, proteomic, drug discovery, pharmacogenomics and computational data analysis.
Students will have an opportunity to learn from experts how the use of modern, high throughput technologies and animal models advances diagnosis and therapies for human diseases. Contributing Faculty expertise includes such disciplines as molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, immunology, drug discovery, computational biology and bioinformatics. Our distinguished faculty teach how various fundamental and complex biological mechanisms are being studied and solved using “Omics” techniques, genetically modified animal models and samples from patients.
Individuals interested in use of genomics, pharmacogenomics, proteomics, metabolomics
and bioinformatics to advance understanding of human biology and disease as well as
the discovery of novel diagnosis and therapies for personalized and precision medicine.
MEET THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR