- Must be a science or math major at Augusta University with a demonstrated interest
in a career in the nuclear workforce.
- Must have completed the specified introductory course in the major:
- PHYS 2211 for physics
- CHEM 1212 for chemistry
- Appropriate gateway course for other majors
- Must be in good standing with an overall grade point average of at least 2.5.
- GPA less than 2.5 may be considered if the applicant has attained a significant academic
achievement in the nuclear or a related field.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate that this scholarship will
have a significant impact on the quality of their schoolwork and the ability to graduate
in a timely manner.
MAINTAINING SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
- Scholarship recipients who maintain eligibility must apply for renewed support in
subsequent fall and spring semesters.
- Students receiving a full scholarship must make adequate progress towards the completion
of their degree by completion of at least 12 hours of required courses each semester.
Elective courses do not count towards the 12 hours of progress.
- Students receiving a partial scholarship (for enrollment as a part-time student) must
complete the fraction of 12 hours of required courses that matches the fraction of
the scholarship. Elective courses do not count towards the progress hours.
- Students must maintain overall grade point average of at least 2.5 and remain in good
standing. Students who fall below the minimum GPA for eligibility may apply for the
renewal of the scholarship during an additional probationary fall or spring semester.
Failure to regain eligibility for the next fall or spring semester after the probationary
semester may result in the loss of the scholarship.