This program is offered online, face-to-face, or you can custom design a combination
of the two.
The Master of Education in Instruction degree at Augusta University supports educators by enhancing their professional knowledge
and skills related to teaching, managing, and learning in P-12 schools and other educational
settings. Aligned with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, the
program of study addresses the Georgia Department of Education’s TAPS performance
standards and the teacher evaluation system.
The M.Ed. in Instruction is dedicated to:
- Empowering teachers to take control of their own professional development.
- Improving teaching practices leading to improved student learning.
- Integrating theory, research, and classroom data with advanced practical teaching
strategies for classroom implementation.
- Improving teaching practices in the areas of: teaching and learning strategies, classroom
management, instructional technology, teaching diverse learners in the local context,
designing and implementing relevant classroom assessments and using data to inform
and improve practice.
The Master of Education (MEd) in Instruction is designed for candidates who hold a valid teaching certificate and seek an advanced
graduate degree. The program consists of 36 semester hours. All content coursework
and key assessments will reflect existing certification areas.
- Up to 6 hours credit for induction work in local school systems.
- Embedded space in the program for certificate endorsements.
- STEM endorsement available.
- A variety of course delivery options.
- One-on-one help from a faculty member academic advisor.
- GPA: Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the Baccalaureate level.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited program and an accredited college
or university. To be used to satisfy degree requirements, evaluation of foreign educational
transcripts must show degree earned that is the U.S. equivalency of degree required
by the program.
- Official transcripts are required from all universities and colleges ever attended.
Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official
course-by-course transcript evaluation be accepted in lieu of an official transcript.
Official transcripts should be sent to Augusta University's Office of Academic Admissions.
To remain official, all transcripts must remain in the original, unopened, sealed
and stamped/signed envelope from the Registrar's office of the issuing institution.
Alternatively, Augusta University will accept official electronic transcripts from
the registrar's office at your prior institution. Electronic transcripts should be
directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A valid, level 4 or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead
Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate,
or Life certificate. Note: To be eligible for a Georgia Standard Professional certificate
in Curriculum and Instruction candidates must hold a level 4 or higher renewable Professional
certificate in any field.
- Background Check: A clear or expunged criminal background record.
- Per the Augusta University Criminal Background Check Policy (Policy 4.1.7), final admission and enrollment for all graduate nursing and education
programs are conditional on the completion of a criminal background check with results
deemed acceptable to the applicable college/program’s professional standards.
- Failure to complete the required background check, provide information necessary to
conduct the background check, or provide false or misleading information, may disqualify
applicants from final admission and matriculation into the program and University.
- Instructions for completing criminal background checks will be provided to applicants
upon acceptance into these programs. For further information on the policy including
the policy statement, reason for the policy, authorization process, process/procedures,
and review process, please refer to the Applicant Criminal Background Check Policy.
- Liability Insurance
- Proof of Lawful Presence: In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.1.6, all applicants for admission to Augusta University are required to provide validation
of lawful presence in the United States. Acceptance to the Augusta University is conditional
until lawful presence is verified. ALL applicants who are U.S. Citizens must submit documentation that
verifies his/her lawful presence in the United States at time of application to email@example.com.