All Cancer Center Faculty should follow the process outlined below when submitting
grants to public or private agencies or foundations.
4 Weeks Prior to Deadline:
At least four (4) weeks in advance of the funding agency’s deadline:
- Contact the Grants Administration Office for Augusta University routing information.
- Tenure-track Faculty: submit your application to 2 independent, experienced scientists,
preferably ones who have served on study sections, to critically evaluate the proposal.
Allow sufficient time to modify the grant application in light of reviewer comments.
Faculty with tenure do not need to undergo this internal review process.
- Although Cancer Center Members are expected to make themselves as freely available
as possible to review grants, given the diversity of the science undertaken in the
Cancer Center, the reviewers need not necessarily be Cancer Center Members.
- For resubmissions, summary statements should also be given to the reviewers to allow
them to comment on the responsiveness of the resubmission.
- Reviewers need to sign off on the Internal Routing Sheet and return the Routing Sheet
to the PI.
2 Weeks Prior to Deadline:
Submit your grant (and Internal Routing Sheet) to the Cancer Center Director for determining
application readiness. Minor stylistic changes or addition of materials suggested
by reviewers can be added after the submission to the Director's office, but these
should be kept to a minimum.
1 Week Prior to Deadline to Deadline:
Submit your grant, after sign-off by the Director, to the Grants Administration Office
for packaging and processing through DSPA
The Director reserves the right to refuse to allow grants to be submitted if they
do not go through the formal review process and are not submitted in a timely manner
as outlined above.