A Student Assistant is a part-time employee who is currently enrolled in at least
half-time at AU with the primary goal of achieving a degree. A Student Assistant is
considered a temporary employee and is not eligible for benefits. Student Assistants
process in with HR prior to beginning work.
Additional Restrictions for Student Workers
Maximum Work Hours – Student Assistants are limited to 25 hours of work per week (may not exceed a total
of 1,300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period) unless one of the following exceptions
- If the student is on an F-1 or J-1 VISA – the student is limited to work a maximum
of 20 hours per week.
- If the student is in a Federal Work Study (FWS) position – the student is limited
to the amount awarded by Financial Aid. For more information contact Robert McAllister
Multiple Positions – Student Assistants may be employed in more than one student position in multiple
departments on campus provided that they comply with the following:
- Comply work hour restriction stated above;
- Student must be paid hourly in both positions;
- Student must clock in and out via Web Clock for both positions;
- Both departments must agree (in writing/email) that the student is working in both
positions and the new department will need to submit Smart HR Hire ePAR to hire student
in additional position;
Student Hire Process
- Submit PCF (Add/Change Position ePAR transaction in OneUSG Connect) to have position
created/updated by HR Compensation, Classification, and Information Systems (if needed).
- Departments post (if required), interview and select Student.
- To post student employment opportunities, use Augusta University Handshake via augusta.edu/careerservices. For questions regarding your online posting, contact Augusta University Career
Services at 706-737-1604.
- Department will fully complete the Student Hire Request Form and email the form along with Federal Work Study Approval Letter, if applicable to
HR_Student_Hires@augusta.edu. We are unable to accept hand-written Student Hire Request Forms. The HR Student Employment Center will review/verify the request and notify the department
by email if additional information is needed. The HR Student Employment Center will
send an email to the student to include:
- Link to enter their information in the Accurate background system
- Be prepared to receive emails from Equifax
- Link for the student to schedule their in-processing appointment. The department will
be copied on this email.
- Once the student has entered their background information, the HR Student Employment
Center will request the USG student packet in Equifax.
- The student will receive two emails (login information & password) from Equifax to
complete the new hire packet in Equifax.
- Once all pre-employment steps are successfully completed by the student, the HR Student
Employment Center will send the hiring paperwork to the HR Service Center for processing.
- Once the student has completed all on-boarding requirements, the HR Service Center
Coordinator clears the student for hire and notifies department via email the earliest
start date and to submit the appropriate ePAR transaction in OneUSG.
- The student employee cannot work until this portion is complete.
- The ePAR must be submitted within 24 hours.
Once the ePAR has been submitted by the department, the HR Service Center Coordinator
will hire the student in OneUSG Connect. The HR Coordinator will send welcome email
to the student and email JagCard.
Student Hire Process Workshop Presentation