The BSEd in Middle Grades Education is designed to prepare candidates to become able and responsive educators for students
in grades four through eight. Candidates will develop competencies through classroom
instruction, observation, and participation with elementary and middle school students.
Program ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Formal admission into the educator preparation programs is separate from admission
to Augusta University. Only candidates who satisfy the following criteria will be
considered for admission into the BSEd in Middle Grades Educator Preparation Program:
- Completion of areas A-F of your track sheet. All candidates must complete EDUC 2110,
2120, and 2130 before entering the program.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 (Regents) or a GPA of 2.75 (Overall) as a transfer candidate
into Augusta University.
- Successful performance on the GACE Program Admission Test. Note: Candidates may exempt
the GACE Program Admission Test if one of the following is satisfied:
• SAT-Composite score of 1030 using Math & Verbal
• ACT- Composite score of 43 using Math & English
• GRE- Composite score of 1030 using Quantitative & Verbal
- Successful completion of the Educator Ethics – Program Entry Exam (350). This assessment
is not scored but must be completed for program admission. In order to take the ethics
assessment, create or update your MyPSC account on the GaPSC website, choose Augusta University as your program provider and select option 7 as your reason for testing. In one to
two days, you will receive a testing link form ETS. This will allow you to both pay
and complete the assessment.
- Candidates will not be eligible for acceptance until they have submitted the Pre-Service Certification
application available from the Augusta University Certification Office in UH 345.
- A record free of criminal and disciplinary problems.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS TRACK SHEET