Welcome to the College of Education's Chalk & Wire site.
Chalk & Wire is a web-based system that provides a place for students to create electronic
portfolios to showcase their work in a portable format that they can carry with them
after graduation. Additionally, Chalk & Wire provides a program assessment system
for faculty and department heads to evaluate student learning outcomes specific to
the academic program.
It is important to note, that Chalk & Wire displays student work in an e-portfolio
format. Chalk & Wire is not intended for assessment on individual courses but rather
for faculty to collectively assess student work that is common across a program over
time using the same set of criteria. Results are aggregated and reported to evaluate
mastery at the program level.
When Do I Need To Purchase Chalk & Wire?
You need to purchase a Chalk & Wire account when you enroll in one of the following
degree programs, certification program, or Area F class*:
- BS Ed Elementary Education
- BS Ed Health & Physical Education
- BS Ed Middle Grades Education
- Secondary Education
BA in English - Secondary Certification
BA in History - Secondary Certification
BA in Political Science - Secondary Certification
BS in Biology - Secondary Certification
BS in Chemistry - Secondary Certification
BS in Mathematics - Secondary Certification
BS in Physics - Secondary Certification
- BS Ed Special Education
- BA P-12 Education
Foreign Language Education - French
Foreign Language Education - Spanish
- BA Music Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- MEd Counselor Education - School Counselor
- MEd Counselor Education - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MEd Instruction
- MEd Teacher Leadership
- EdS Counselor Education
- EdS Advanced Educational Studies
- EdD Educational Innovation
- Computer Science Endorsement
- ESOL Endorsement
- Gifted Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
- STEM Endorsement
*Area F Classes - EDUC 2110, EDUC 2120, EDUC 2130 or SPED 4002
How Do I Purchase A Chalk & Wire Account?
On Campus: Go to the checkout counter at the Augusta University Book Store to purchase your Chalk
& Wire subscription code.
Online: Go to the AU Bookstore: http://www.augusta.edu/jagstore/
- Click New or Used Textbooks
- Click Online
- Select JAGSTORE from the Search by Course list then click the GO button
- Select EDUC-EDUC for Department
- Select EDUC 2130.
- Select Chalk & Wire
- Click the "Add selected books to cart" button then continue shopping or click the
view link under cart to proceed to checkout.
How Do I Activate My Account?
How Do I Renew My Account?
How Do I Access Chalk & Wire?
- Chalk & Wire can be accessed through courses in D2L if they have a key assessment
for the program.
- If your class requires a Field Placement you will be able to access Chalk & Wire from
the link emailed to you when your Field Placement was created.
- You can login to your Chalk & Wire account using the login link at the bottom of this
How Do I Submit an ATLAS Reflection?
- Login to your course in D2L.
- Use the Chalk & Wire link provided there to upload, and submit your reflection(s).
When you click the submission link Chalk & Wire will open within D2L. You should see
a submission page with the following directions. If you don't see this contact Bill
Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Which Browser Should I Use With Chalk & Wire?
Chalk & Wire works with Chrome, Firefox, & Safari.
How Do I Create a Portfolio?
How Do I Submit an Assignment (Portfolio)?
Where Can I Find Additional Tutorials?
How Do I Log My Field Placement Attendance?
How Do I Withdraw A Submission?
How To Manage Chalk & Wire Email Messages?
How to Resolve Log In Error from Chalk & Wire LTI Link in D2L