Due to limited fund availability, GSGA is no longer accepting funding requests for
the semester. Please contact GRADSGA-PRESIDENT and/or GRADSGA-COMPTROLLER@augusta.edu with any questions.
General Funding Policies
- All funding is on a reimbursement basis, and funding requests must be submitted at
least 2 weeks prior to the event or travel. However, if there are any clarifications
needed or potential issues with a request, submitting requests well in advance allows
enough time to resolve them before 2 weeks prior to the event/travel. If a funding
request must be resubmitted and/or edited, it must be completed at least 5 business
days prior to the event or travel.
- The comptroller will follow up regarding your funding request in no more than 10 business
days. Please submit your funding request accordingly.
- You may not submit a request to be reimbursed for an event or travel after it has
- Funding may only be used for the requestor. Any food, transportation, living arrangements,
fees, etc. must all be paid for and used only by the student requesting funding.
- After funding has been approved by the GSGA, you have up to 10 business days to submit
all paperwork to the appointed Business Specialist once the travel has been completed.
If the process of submitting your paperwork has not started within 10 business days,
your approval for funds will be waived. If incorrect and/or untimely paperwork is
submitted after 10 days, then your approval for funds will be forfeited. Untimely,
disorganized, or consistently incorrect paperwork will be determined by the appointed
- The business specialist has a right to her reimbursement timeline and requirements.
- If there is an additional funding source other than GSGA funds then the funding reimbursement
process may occur through an external department. Please ensure you fill out the form
accurately in regards to if there are other funding sources. Not disclosing all funding
sources may result in a revocation of funding.
- Requests must be made for events and travel that will be taking place in the same
academic semester. Exceptions can be made for travel/events occurring in the first
week of each semester.
- GSGA reserves the right to allocate funding as it deems appropriate to students and
organizations based on available funds. Meeting the Funding policy qualifications
deems you eligible to receive funding but does not guarantee it.
- Any incorrect or false or undetailed information on the funding request form may result
in revocation of funding.
- All Student Activity Fund uses must adhere to the Business Procedures Manual of the
University System of Georgia. The most up-to-date requirements can be found here.
Funding Dates and Deadlines:
- Fall semester: Requests can be submitted for consideration from July 1st if the event/travel
occurs before the first day of the Fall semester. Requests for events/travel occurring
during the Fall semester should only be submitted after the first day of semester
in August. Fall semester events/travel must be completed by the last day of the semester
to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Spring semester: Requests can be submitted from the first day classes. of The last
day to receive funding is June 1st . All events/travel must be completed by this date
to be considered for reimbursement.
- To confirm the official first and last days of the semester, please refer to Augusta
University’s academic calendar for Session 1 here.
Organization/Event Funding Policies:
- Registered organizations must submit individual funding requests for each event.
- All events must be in JagLife (Presence) and you will need to use a checkpoint to
have students put in their ID numbers to keep a roster for your events. For questions
regarding JagLife or becoming a registered student organization please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Events and rosters not in Jag Life will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- Registered student organizations may receive a maximum reimbursement of up to $600
per academic year and up to $300 per semester. Funds will not roll over between semesters.
- Registered organizations are allowed to team up with other registered organizations
to receive funds for the same event. However, each organization must submit an individual
funding request for the same event.
- Maximum of $10 per student for event reimbursements. A large difference in students
estimated to attend the event and students that actually attended the event may result
in revocation of funding. Please estimate event attendance accordingly.
- All events must be open to all students.
- GSGA funds can only be used for students. They cannot be used for faculty or members
of the community.
- There must be an acknowledgment of GSGA for flyers and/or other advertising made for
Travel Funding Policies:
- All student travel requests must be submitted individually, group/organization requests
are not accepted.
- Proof of author or presenter status and acceptance must be provided upon request.
- Student travel funding request reimbursement is as follows:
- Up to $100 for attending
- Up to $200 for poster and oral presentations (must be first author/presenter)
- Students may receive up to $600 in total travel reimbursement per semester.
- The standard rate for food reimbursement is contingent upon the area/city/state of
where the traveler is traveling to. These rates can be found in the GSA here.
- Gas mileage is reimbursed at the rate of 655 per/mile.
Journal Publication Policies:
- There must be no other department/mentor willing to cover journal submission fees
to receive funds.
- 2 proofs of request for funding from other sources must be provided upon request.
- GSGA must be notified before journal submission.
- Proof of acceptance into the Journal must be provided.
- Journal must be accessible to all and does not require a monetary subscription to
- There must be an acknowledgment of GSGA for funds in the acknowledgment section of
- First author on the publication can be reimbursed up to $300; second through fifth
authors can be reimbursed up to $200.
Please email GRADSGA-COMPTROLLER@augusta.edu if you have any funding questions/concerns.