The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition offers consultation and inpatient services for all gastrointestinal, liver related
and nutritional problems in children with special emphasis on:
- Gastroesophageal reflux: This is an area of faculty research interest. We are one of the few institutions
offering Multiple Impedance Test in children. This test documents not only acid but
non acid refluxes as well.
- Constipation: Another area of research interest. We offer a structured protocolized treatment
program consisting of dietary, behavioral and life style changes along with medications.
- Gastrointestinal problems related to food allergy such as Eosinophilic Esophagitis, cow's milk protein allergy
etc. We offer a comprehensive multidisciplinary treatment program.
- Tube feeding: monitor nutritional requirements of special needs children.
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
- Neonatal cholestasis, acute and chronic hepatitis.
Procedures: We perform upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopies with interventions such as:
polypectomy, hemostasis, dilatation, PEG placement etc.
Medical students interested in pediatrics are encouraged to take our fourth-year elective
to learn more about the practice of gastroenterology.