Hours of Operation
July 1st - August 9th (CLOSED July 3rd)
Monday - Friday: 6:30am to 6:00pm
*Monday-Friday: CLOSED 9:30 am to 11:00 am for cleaning, sanitization, and other necessary
Saturday - Sunday: CLOSED
Fall Semester (beginning August 10th)
Monday - Friday: 6:00am to 8:00pm
*Monday-Friday: CLOSED 9:30 am to 11:00 am for cleaning, sanitization, and other necessary procedures.
Saturday: 10:00am to 3:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Updated Policies and Guidelines
- Campus Recreation staff will be stationed in all areas throughout the Center to monitor social distancing practices, enforce occupancy limits, and regularly clean equipment.
- Patrons will swipe or tap Augusta ID and await confirmation from Campus Recreation staff to enter the Center.
- Facility usage will be limited to current members and registered students.
- Maximum occupancy for the Center will be 50 people. Areas within the Campus Recreation Center will be labeled with maximum occupancy numbers.
- Physical distancing must always be maintained (6ft).
- Face coverings should be worn inside all buildings, including while exercising at the Campus Recreation Center. Any exercise that cannot be done safely while wearing a face covering should be done outside. Learn more about exercising with a face mask
- Only the water stations designed for refillable bottles are available.
- Patrons must thoroughly sanitize equipment with disinfecting wipes before and after each use.
- Patrons are not allowed to move equipment from one area to another for any reason.
- Circuit workouts and supersets are discouraged.
- Team and contact sports of any kind is not permitted.
- Patrons will limit daily visits to the Campus Recreation Center to 1 hour.
Some previous services and activities are suspended until further notice.
-towel service (patrons should bring their own)
-use of showers
-equipment checkout (basketballs, jump ropes, etc.)
-contact sports (i.e. basketball)
Campus Recreation Center Layout
- Floor markers are in place to promote social distancing.
- For patron safety, cardio equipment and weight machines have been relocated to achieve 6 feet of distance between patrons.
- A few pieces of equipment have signs indicating they are unavailable.
- Some equipment will have tape around the perimeter to indicate it is not to be moved.
- Studios have tape to identify spaces patrons may occupy during group exercise.
- Sanitizer dispensers are in all areas.
- Tens barriers are in certain areas to help direct traffic flow.
- Long-term locker rentals are not available until further notice.
- For those who have paid to rent lockers and were unable to utilize all months, you will be provided a prorated refund.
- The previous system of providing keys for lockers located in the locker rooms will be suspended until further notice.
- If you would like to use a locker, you may use any locker located outside the locker room. Padlocks with a combination will be provided at the Member Services desk.
Also, check out our Jags Choose Wellness website for information to support your wellness journey. Your understanding and
support during this time is greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact
us with questions concerning Campus Recreation.
Augusta University Campus Recreation.
Virtual AU: Connect. Engage. Learn.
See how our offices are supporting students during the transition to remote learning. Learn more »