The Nuclear Medicine Technology Program strives to maintain a quality educational environment in order to accomplish the following outcomes:
· Graduate NMT’s who are knowledgeable in the areas of nuclear physics, radiation safety, radiopharmacy, nuclear medicine instrumentation, and nuclear medicine procedures.
· Graduate knowledgeable NMTs who are highly motivated to provide quality patient care.
· Graduate NMT's who will operate in a safe and efficient manner in a nuclear medicine practice setting.
· Graduate NMT’s who will be able to communicate effectively in nuclear medicine clinical and professional settings.
· Advance the profession of nuclear and molecular medicine by educating resourceful and adaptable individuals capable of leadership in a changing health care environment.
· Provide a stimulating atmosphere for students, faculty, and clinical staff.
· Maintain a source of professionals who participate in bringing new knowledge to the clinical nuclear medicine environment through service, research, and continuing education.
The Nuclear Medicine Technology Program will: