Todd A. Maugans, MD, pediatric neurosurgery, joins the Department of Neurosurgery.
Dr. Todd Maugans comes to us from the University of Central Florida College of Medicine where he has served as the Chairman for Neurosurgery Education, Professor of Neurosurgery, and as the Chief of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Division. He attended medical school at Temple University School of Medicine.
Martin J. Rutkowski, MD, skull base complex cranial surgery, joins the Department of Neurosurgery.
Dr. Martin Rutkowski comes to us from the University of Southern California. He is a post-doctoral fellow of UCSF's Neuro-Oncology Laboratory of Manish Aghi, MD, PhD., where he studied pituitary adenoma pathogenesis. He was a research fellow at UCSF Neuro-Oncology Labratory of Andrew Parsa, MD, PhD, where he studied innate immune-mediated mechanisms of glioblastoma pathogenesis. He attended medical school at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and did his residency at UCSF.
PGY-7 Resident Nathan Todnem, M.D. wins the award for Best Resident Presentation at the Fall Georgia Neurosurgical Society meeting in Lake Oconee, GA, December 2018. Dr. Todnem was also a (top 10) finalist for Resident of the Year 2018-2019, competing with 535 residents at Augusta Univeristy! Well done, Dr. Todnem!
Fernando L. Vale, M.D. is the new chair of the Department of Neurosurgery.
read more here...
Alexander Post, M.D. joins the Department of Neurosurgery.
Krishnan C. Dhandapani, Ph.D.
• Scientific reviewer, Paralyzed Veterans of America, 2017-18
• Scientific reviewer, Department of Defense – CDMRP Clinical and Rehabilitative Medicine study section, scientific reviewer, 2017
• Scientific reviewer, Department of Defense – CDMRP-Vision Research Program; Technology/
Therapeutic – Device Development study section, scientific reviewer, 2018
• Scientific reviewer, Department of Defense/CDMRP – Clinical and Rehabilitative Medicine
Research Program. Ocular Trauma study section, scientific reviewer, 2018
Sergei A. Kirov, Ph.D.
• NIH Special Emphasis Panel “Acute Brain Injury and Recovery” 2018/01 ZRG1 BDCN-Y (02) M, October 2017
• NIH ZRG1 F03A (20), Fellowships: Neurodevelopment, Synaptic Plasticity, Neurodegeneration Study Section, Oct 2017, March 2018, and June 2018
• Discussion Leader/Session Co-Chair. “Session 5: Spreading Depolarization”. The 14th International Conference on Acute Neurovascular Event after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage – Vasospasm 2017, Huntington Beach, CA, October 2017
• Co-Chair at 2018/08 ZMH1 ERB-C (08). NIH BRAIN Initiative Review Panel: Tools to Facilitate High-Throughput Microconnectivity Analysis, June 2018
Previous Issues (PDF format)