Reese Library at Augusta University traces its roots to the library of the Junior
College of Augusta. In 1960, the library was relocated to a remodeled warehouse building
on the present campus which was then Augusta College.
In 1972, a gift of $250,000 from Katherine Reese Pamplin, a member of Augusta College class of 1936, and her husband, Robert B. Pamplin, provided the catalyst for the University System of Georgia Board of Regents to approve funds for a new $2.5 million library building, named Reese Library in honor of Dr. and Mrs. John Thomas Reese, parents of Mrs. Pamplin. Construction of the three-story library building began on February 27, 1975, and Reese Library opened on January 6, 1977.
In 2006, the university built the Jaguar Student Activities Center (JSAC) attached to the front entrance of the library. An atrium provides access to the entrances to Reese Library and the JSAC.