- It is the responsibility of each candidate to provide their own patients and it is
recommended that each applicant secure back up patients. The Dental College of Georgia
at Augusta University does not allow candidates access to the school's patient records.
- Examiner Assistants will be present to dispense supplies and materials during the
- Dentists will be present during the entire examination to authorize non-injectable
local anesthesia and to administer injectable local anesthesia.
- Candidates must strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines concerning barrier protection
and instrument/equipment sterilization.
- Children are prohibited in the clinic area. There are no facilities available for
children; please inform your patients that children may not be left unattended in
the waiting area.
- A facility fee (site fee) in the amount of $175.00 is due two (2) weeks prior to the
exam date. Please make certified check, cashier's check or money order payable to The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University. Mail check to:
Ms. Robin Gwaltney
Dental Hygiene, GC-4309
1120 15th Street
Augusta, GA 30912
- We don't want to encourage this BUT we will accept this fee AFTER the exam for those
candidates who register late. Candidates should MAIL FEE immediately after the exam.
Candidate scores will NOT be released from CRDTS until the Site Fee is paid. CRDTS
confirms with us that all fees are received before releasing scores.
SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
- Instruments are available for rent for dental hygiene candidates. The fees are as
$1,500 Total Charge - will be charged to MasterCard, Visa or Discover
$ 350 Non-refundable rental fee
$1,150 Security deposit - will be credited back to credit card after instruments have
been returned to the 4th floor Collection Area and checked
- Candidate must present credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover only) to the Business
Office no later than 3:00pm the Friday of the Board Examination. We are not able to
accept checks for instrument rental fees; these fees must be paid with a credit card.
The candidate's credit card will be charged the full amount (e.g., $6,000 if dentist).
The candidate will be given a rental slip to present to the 4th floor Dispensary for
instrument pick-up. The candidate will return instruments to the 4th floor Collection
Area where an inspection of the instruments will be made. If all instruments are returned
undamaged, the 4th floor Collection Area will give the candidate a statement indicating
that their credit card will be credited the refundable amount (e.g., security deposit).
The cost for any missing instruments will be deducted from the refundable amount.
The refund will be applied to the account by Tuesday following the Board Examination.
Candidates can contact Mr. Michael Budd in the Business Office at 706-721-7757 to make
a payment by phone or to obtain more information about rentals.
- Our units accommodate cavitrons with a ¼” male quick disconnect (water line) and a
3/8” male quick disconnect (air line).
- Handpieces must fit a standard four (4) hole ISO connection (most brands meet this
- Bring a sterile syringe for the administering of anesthesia. Dentists will be on
site to administer.
ACCESS TO FACILITY
- Candidates taking the morning exam may access the building at 6:30 a.m. and report
to the third floor waiting area for check-in and access to clinics. Candidates taking
the afternoon exam should report to the third floor waiting area at 11:30 a.m. for
check-in and access to clinics.
- Parking is available in the front of the building located at 1430 John Wesley Gilbert Drive (Note: physical address is not the same as mailing address).
- Dental hygiene candidates may visit The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University
to become acquainted with our facilities. The clinic examination facilities will
be available for the candidate’s inspection by prior appointment only. Please call
Robin Gwaltney at 706-721-2938 to arrange a tour.
AUGUSTA UNIVERSITY WILL SUPPLY:
- All items needed for local INJECTABLE anesthesia (needles, topical, anesthetic/-caines)
EXCEPT sterile syringe.
- Two Dentists will be available to administer local INJECTABLE anesthesia and to authorize
candidate use of NON-INJECTABLE local anesthesia/Oraqix.
- All infection control products to prepare the operatory, latex free gloves & masks,
and disposable products needed for patient care (prophy paste/prophy cup/prophy brush,
floss, gauze, cotton rolls, air water tips, suction tips).
CANDIDATES MUST BRING:
- Patient and radiographs
- Power scaler and appropriate tips
- Sterile syringe for local anesthesia
- All NON-INJECTABLE local anesthesia supplies (Syringes and Medicament)
- Sterile instruments and handpiece
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Ms. Robin
Gwaltney at 706-721-2938.