Completed Online Application
Application Fee: $50
GPA: Minimum GPA requirement is a cumulative 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and math/science GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are required from all universities and colleges ever attended. Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcripts should be sent to Augusta University's Office of Academic Admissions. To remain official, all transcripts must remain in the original, unopened, sealed and stamped/signed envelope from the Registrar's office of the issuing institution. Alternatively, Augusta University will accept official electronic transcripts from the registrar's office at your prior institution. Electronic transcripts should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcript/Credential Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts: An official, professional course-by-course evaluation based on official transcripts and documents is required for all foreign educational transcripts and documents from one of the following three credentials evaluation services: Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., World Education Services (WES), Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). Silny and WES are recommended. Official transcript evaluations based on unofficial transcripts, documents or copies will not fulfill this requirement. International Students
References: Recommendations from two individuals are required. References should be individuals (usually college professors) qualified to assess your prior academic, employment, artistic, research and/or clinical experience and qualifications (as applicable) as well as the applicant’s potential, as an undergraduate student in the field/program selected. Undergraduate reference forms and letters must be submitted online only. Applicants list names and provide contact information for two individuals as references during the on line application process. Once the application is received by our office, each reference will receive an email directing them to complete the online reference form. The completed reference form will then be forwarded to the Office of Academic Admissions via the online application system, XAP.
NOTE: Reference forms will be sent electronically to your selected individuals once your application has been received by the school (usually the following business day). Please be sure to allow enough time for reference forms to be sent AND returned. Applications submitted the last week of the application deadline may not allow enough time for this process.
- TOEFL Exam Scores: Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test scores are required for
applicants whose first language is not English.
- Minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 79 internet-based.
- The institution code for submission of TOEFL scores to Augusta University is 5406. Please do not select a department code.
- Exemption from the TOEFL requirement is allowed for undergraduate students who:
- Complete courses equivalent to English Composition I and II at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university and earn at least a 2.5 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) on the two courses, with neither grade below a "C"
- Submit a score of at least 430 on the Verbal portion of the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT-I)
- Take and pass both the Reading and Essay portions of the University System of Georgia’s Regents Exam
- Submit proof of earning a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university at which English is the language of instruction
Proof of Lawful Presence: In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.1.6, all applicants for admission to Augusta University are required to provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. Acceptance to the Augusta University is conditional until lawful presence is verified. ALL applicants who are U.S. Citizens must submit documentation that verifies his/her lawful presence in the United States at time of application to email@example.com.
NOTE: While every effort is made to maintain this information as current, it may be subject to change. Please check with Augusta University's Office of Academic Admission for recent updates.
NOTE: Applications deferred to another semester are subject to all admission requirements and program requirements in effect for the semester to which they are deferred.