Your Augusta University JagID accesses Library resources through the Augusta University
Libraries proxy server when away from the Augusta campus.
- When selecting a subscribed Greenblatt Library database, eJournals, eBook, or clicking a Find It link, the “Off-Campus Access for Augusta University Libraries Resources” proxy server will request your Augusta University JagID username and password.
- On verification of your Augusta University JagID, the proxy server will pass you through
to the selected resource.
- Contact the Information Technology Services Desk at 706-721-4000 for questions or
needed assistance with Augusta University JagID.
Your active Greenblatt Library account establishes access to borrowing library materials
and monitoring your borrowing account.
- Health Sciences campus students and medical residents tend to be automatically registered
in the Greenblatt Library borrowing system with PULSE ID.
- Augusta University Health Sciences campus and AU Health System faculty and staff register
in a few minutes at the Greenblatt Library with their Augusta University or AU Health
Maintain access to your Greenblatt Library borrowing account in the Library Catalog by setting up a five-digit PIN.
- You need your Greenblatt Library “Patron Barcode” to receive the PIN.
- For Health Sciences campus students and medical residents, the PULSE (student) ID
number is your Patron Barcode.
- For Health Sciences campus faculty and staff, visit the Greenblatt Library Information
Center desk with your Augusta University or GR Health System ID to register a Library
account and receive a Patron Barcode.
With the Patron Barcode, click “access my GIL account” at the Library Catalog home page to set-up the PIN:
- Enter your Patron Barcode at “Patron Barcode.”
- Enter your last name at “LastName.”
- Click the “Get My PIN” link to have a temporary PIN sent to your Augusta University
Outlook email account. Logon to your Outlook email account and retrieve the temporary
- Logon to your GIL account with Patron Barcode, temporary PIN, and LastName. Click
“Change PIN” and create a new PIN for your GIL account.
From your borrowing account in the Library Catalog with the PIN, you can:
- Check due dates of borrowed items checked out to your account.
- Renew some borrowed items before their due date.
- Borrow GIL Express books from other participating University System of Georgia libraries
when your account does not have overdue items or outstanding fines or fees.
Help with access issues
BASIC REMOTE ACCESS TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
- I tried to login, but get the error message that my username or password is not correct.
- The first step is to verify your JagID is not working. Test it by logging into your
Augusta University email account. If you are able to login to your email, then it
could be a typing error. Try to login to the proxy again.
- If your JagID is not working at all, you may need to reset your password. Go to http://password.augusta.edu or contact the ITS Help Desk at 706-721-4000 for further assistance.
- I logged into Off-Campus Access (EZproxy) and my browser is displaying a blank screen.
This is most likely due to browser settings. Please check the following:
- What does it mean when a user gets an error message indicating that a line must be
added to the config file?
Example: Error: To allow http://abc.wiley.com to be used in a starting point URL,
your EZproxy administrator must first authorize the hostname of this URL in the ezproxy.cfg
This can occur because the domain name has changed for the resource. In many instances,
the library was not informed of the change. Please note the name of the resource and
provide the information to the library.
Additional remote access troubleshooting scenarios.