We offer many seminars and workshops emphasizing the importance of fostering the development
of literacy skills in children and adults alike. If you are interested in participating
in or hosting a seminar or workshop, please contact Dr. Harris (
). Some examples of our services in this area include:
- Scholarships for literacy service providers
- Scholarships for Augusta University students through the annual Literacy Harvest Ball
- Training and research on using technology in literacy programs
- Seminars and workshops for administrators, teachers, childcare providers and parents/guardians
participating in literacy programs
- Speakers for groups seeking to improve literacy
- Literacy and the Arts programs such as storytelling, plays, summer literacy camp,
the annual Family Fun Fair, and more!
- Assistance in setting up community-based independent literacy satellite centers such
as those in Thomson, North Augusta and East Augusta-- This may include help in initial
setting up of the facility and training of tutors, as needed, leading to each community
leading its own center in order to meet the needs of its community.